By: Kristi Goode
· 4 -6 ounce boneless skinless chicken breasts, preferably organic
· kosher salt, Diamond Crystal Kosher, if using Morton's or table salt use half
· 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
· 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
· 1/2 teaspoon paprika
· 1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
· 1/3 cup seasoned Panko Breadcrumbs, OR gluten free panko
· 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
· 1 lemon, cut into wedges for serving
o Pound the thicker end of the chicken to make both sides leveled out so they cook evenly.
o Fill a large bowl with 6 cups of water and add 1/4 cup Diamond Crystal kosher salt, stir to dissolve. (if using table salt, or sea salt, or Mortons, use half)
o Add the chicken breasts to the water and let them sit, refrigerated at least 1 hour, or up to 2 to brine.
o Remove from water, pat dry with paper towels and discard the water.
o Preheat oven 425F degrees. Spray a 9 x 12 baking dish with olive oil.
o In a small bowl combine 3/4 teaspoon salt, with the remaining spices. Rub the spice mix over the chicken and transfer to the baking dish.
o Spread the mayonnaise evenly over the top of each breast then sprinkle with panko and Parmesan. Spray the top with olive oil spray.
o Bake until chicken reaches a minimum internal temperature of 165 degrees, 24-27 minutes.
o While the chicken bakes, slice lemon into wedges and serve with chicken.