Cilantro Lime Chicken
COOK TIME: 15 mins
MARINADE TIME: 1 hr
TOTAL TIME: 1 hr 20 mins
· 4 organic boneless skinless chicken breasts, 6 oz each
· zest and juice of 1 lime, plus 1 lime cut into wedges
· 1 tbsp olive oil
· 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, divided
· 2 cloves minced garlic
· 1 tsp kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
1. Pound the thicker end of the chicken breast with a mallet to make it even with the thinner end.
2. Combine the juice of 1 lime, lime zest, olive oil, 1/4 cup of the cilantro finely chopped, garlic and salt to a large glass or ceramic container with a lid, or a gallon size freezer bag.
3. Coat the chicken well on both sides and marinate in the refrigerator at least 1 hour or as long as overnight, the longer the better, turning halfway.
4. When ready to cook, oil a grill or grill pan over medium to medium-high heat.
5. Grill about 5 minutes on each side, or until charred and cooked through in the center.
6. Remove and set aside on a platter and squeeze the remaining lime over the chicken. Garnish with the remaining fresh cilantro.
Air Fryer Directions:
1. Air fry in a single layer at 380 degrees for 5 minutes on each side.
· Sub chicken thighs.
· Use this cilantro-lime marinade as a base and change up the flavors with different citrus and herbs, like lemon and basil or orange and rosemary.
Serving: 1breast, Calories: 217kcal, Carbohydrates: 0.5g, Protein: 38.5g, Fat: 5.5g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 124mg, Sodium: 360mg, Fiber: 0.5g, Sugar: 0.05g