This is a great fall side dish or dessert. It's a comfort food dish that makes you feel warm and cozy. This time of the year leaves us with a great variety of apples, so pick your favorite type of apple and start baking! My favorite apples are Honeycrisp or Fuji. I start by coring 4 whole apples (of your choice). Blend together the oats, butter, cinnamon, salt, vanilla, and maple syrup. Mix into a paste and fill those apples! You can top with a few whole or chopped pecans for a little crunch. Then, into the oven at 350F for 50 minutes to an hour. Let cool and enjoy!! Great Thanksgiving side dish or dessert!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour & 5 minutes
Cuisine: American Desserts
4 whole apples of choice
1/3 cup oats
2 Tbsp softened butter
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
2 Tbsp maple syrup
2 Tbsp chopped pecans or 4 whole pecans (optional)
Extra cinnamon for sprinkling before baking
Foil for covering during baking
1. Preheat oven to 350F and grease an 8 x 8 glass baking dish
2. Core the 4 apples and place in baking dish.
3. Mix the oats, cinnamon, salt, butter, vanilla, and maple syrup. It will form a thick paste-like consistency. Stuff each apple evenly with the oat mixture.
4. Top with the chopped or whole pecans.
5. I dusted a little more cinnamon over the top before covering and baking.
6. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes. Carefully remove foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or longer if you prefer a softer apple.
6. Let cool for at least 10 minutes and ENJOY!!
7. Sprinkle with more cinnamon if desired!